Effective Lawyers for Consumer Protection Cases
Blankingship & Christiano, P.C., is a top-rated and highly respected consumer protection law firm. We believe consumer marketplaces should be fair in all respects. Our attorneys have successfully challenged the biggest names in the credit reporting industry and the most powerful law firms that represent them.
Below are representative recent verdicts and success stories. Note that we were able to have the good name of our clients cleared, their credit status accurately reinstated, and we obtained compensation for our clients for the harm they suffered.
- U.S. Soldier’s Credit Endangered While He Serves His Country
- Woman Ready to Pay Off 30-Year Mortgage – Until Her Bank Gets in the Way
- Woman with Car Payment Issue Took a Stand
- Protect Your Financial Well-Being
Our successful cases include:
- Jose J. Cruz Sedano v. TransUnion LLC, 1:15-cv0511, United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia (Alexandria Division). Offer of Judgment from TransUnion in the amount of $200,000 that was accepted by the Plaintiff.
- Robinson v. Equifax Info. Servs., LLC , 560 F.3d 235 (4th Cir. 2009). Jury verdict for actual damages of $200,000 plus legal fees of $268,625 that the district court judge awarded prior to appeal.
- Sloane v. Equifax Info Servs. , 510 F.3d 495 (4th Cir. 2007). Jury verdict for actual damages of $351,000, reduced on appeal to $256,000, plus legal fees of $302,926.20 awarded by the district court after appeal.
- Brown v. S&S Service Center et. al. , 1:04cv00051, United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia (Alexandria Division). Jury verdict included $250,000 in punitive damages under the FCRA.
- Woods v. S&S Service Center et. al. , 1:04cv00097, United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia (Alexandria Division). Jury verdict included $103,722.96 in damages in a case involving the FCRA.
Receive a Free Review
Please remember that case results depend upon a variety of factors unique to each case. In addition, previous case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any future case undertaken by our office. To receive a free review of your credit report, contact our team at Blankingship & Christiano, P.C. by calling (571) 313-0412. We can discuss your consumer protection legal concerns.