A. Hugo Blankingship III
Strong Advocate in Identity Theft, False Credit Reporting Issues
A. Hugo Blankingship III earned a B.A. from the University of Virginia in 1982 and a J.D. from the Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William & Mary in 1986. He started his career as a law clerk to the Honorable Albert V. Bryan, Jr., former chief judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
Attorney Blankingship has the ability to do for consumers what they often can’t do for themselves: Get demonstrably incorrect information off their credit reports, so they can move on with their lives. Clients want a lawyer who is tough and will stick up for them, and that’s what they get when they hire Attorney Blankingship. He has been standing up for the rights of consumers for more than 30 years – making Experian, TransUnion, Equifax, and others play by the rules – and he simply hates to lose.
In October 2004, Attorney Blankingship argued the matter of Nigh v. Koons Buick Pontiac GMC before the Supreme Court of the United States. He has also argued before the Supreme Court of Virginia. In addition, Mr. Blankingship has represented a variety of cases before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and state courts throughout Virginia.
Recognition, Awards, and Memberships
Attorney Blankingship has earned numerous awards throughout his career including AV ® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated SM by Martindale-Hubbell,® Virginia Super Lawyers, and D.C. Super Lawyers. He is a member of the Fairfax Bar Association, and Virginia State Bar.
Several of Attorney Blankingship’s reported cases include:
- Robinson v. Equifax Info. Servs., LLC, 560 F.3d 235 (4th Cir. 2009)
- Sloane v. Equifax Info Servs., 510 F.3d 495 (4th Cir. 2007)
- Nigh v. Koons Buick Pontiac GMC, Inc., 478 F.3d 183 (4th Cir. 2007)
- Gibson v. LTD, Inc., 434 F.3d 275 (4th Cir. 2006)
- Koons Pontiac Buick GMC, Inc. v. Nigh, 543 U.S. 50 (2004)
- Nigh v. Koons Buick Pontiac GMC, Inc., 319 F.3d 119 (4th Cir 2003)
- Rucker v. Sheehy Alexandria, Inc., 228 F. Supp.2d 711 (E.D. Va. 2002)
- DeSantis v. Hafner Creations, Inc., 949 F. Supp. 419
Contact an Experienced Credit Report Dispute Attorney Today
If your credit reporting dispute is going nowhere, contact A. Hugo Blankingship online or call 571-313-0412. Attorney Blankingship and the experienced legal team at Blankingship & Christiano P.C. won’t give up until the errors are corrected and you receive the compensation you deserve.