Meet Credit Report Dispute Lawyer A. Hugo Blankingship, III
Knowledgeable & Experienced Credit Report Dispute and Identity Theft Attorney
Our attorney, A. Hugo Blankingship, III received a B.A. from the University of Virginia in 1982 and a J.D. from the Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William & Mary in 1986. He started his career as a law clerk to the Honorable Albert V. Bryan, Jr., former chief judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
Licensed in Virginia and practicing law since 1986, Mr. Blankingship and his colleagues at Blankingship & Christiano P.C. believe in results-oriented consumer protection. He has extensive experience in federal and state courts for claims involving complex litigation, debt collection, and contract disputes.
In October 2004, Mr. Blankingship argued before the Supreme Court of the United States in the matter of Nigh v. Koons Buick Pontiac GMC. He has also argued before the Supreme Court of Virginia. In addition, Mr. Blankingship has represented a variety of cases before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and state courts throughout Virginia.
His areas of practice include:
Distinguished Recognition & Experience
Mr. Blankingship has earned numerous awards throughout his career including AV ® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated SM by Martindale-Hubbell ®, Virginia Super Lawyers, and D.C. Super Lawyers. He is a member of multiple professional organizations, including Alexandria Bar Association, Virginia Bar Association, Virginia State Bar, and Virginia Trial Lawyers Association. With his professional experience and knowledge, you can rest assured we can assist you with your credit reporting issue.
Several of his reported cases include:
- Robinson v. Equifax Info. Servs., LLC, 560 F.3d 235 (4th Cir. 2009)
- Sloane v. Equifax Info Servs., 510 F.3d 495 (4th Cir. 2007)
- Nigh v. Koons Buick Pontiac GMC, Inc., 478 F.3d 183 (4th Cir. 2007)
- Gibson v. LTD, Inc., 434 F.3d 275 (4th Cir. 2006)
- Koons Pontiac Buick GMC, Inc. v. Nigh, 543 U.S. 50 (2004)
- Nigh v. Koons Buick Pontiac GMC, Inc., 319 F.3d 119 (4th Cir 2003)
- Rucker v. Sheehy Alexandria, Inc., 228 F.Supp.2d 711 (E.D.Va. 2002)
- DeSantis v. Hafner Creations, Inc., 949 F.Supp. 419
Protecting You From Financial Harm
Contact a Blankingship & Christiano, P.C. attorney today at 571-313-0412 to discuss your consumer protection legal concerns. Our law firm serves clients throughout Virginia and the Washington DC metro areas. In addition, we even offer a free review of your credit file!
Why Choose Us
- Seasoned Litigators with Proven Success in Multiple Fair Credit Reporting Act Cases
- Skilled in Identifying Qualified Cases
- Highly Knowledgeable of Consumer's Rights in Matters Related to Inaccurate Credit Reporting
- Extensive Understanding of the Financial Harm Caused by Credit Reporting Errors and Identity Theft
- In-Depth Knowledge of the Credit Reporting Agencies and Furnishers Operations