Virginia & Washington DC Identity Theft & Credit Reporting Lawyers
Our Firm Puts Fifty Years of Combined Experience to Work for You
In 2020, consumers filed over 280,000 disputes regarding credit reporting issues, more than double those filed the year before, according to the Consumer Complaint Database. However, filing a dispute does not necessarily mean that the inaccuracies will be corrected – and in most cases, nothing will change.
If your credit report contains one or more of the mistakes commonly made – loans that have been repaid but appear as unpaid, debts falsely reported to be in collection, or incorrect information about another person – you are likely in for a fight to get these inaccuracies corrected.
Due to the complexity of the U.S. credit reporting system, many consumers are at a loss regarding what to do when they find an error and try to fix it themselves. That is why you need the experienced Virginia & Washington DC identity theft & credit reporting lawyers at Blankingship & Christiano P.C. to fight for you.
What Sets Us Apart
Blankingship & Christiano has more than five decades of combined experience assisting consumers. We represent consumers who have been victimized financially as well as emotionally. We are very particular about the clients/cases we accept, but if you become a cient you can rest assured that we will fight for you to the bitter end.
Some of the things that distinguish us from other credit reporting and identity theft law firms include:
- Experience and success in numerous Fair Credit Reporting Act cases
- Extensive knowledge of consumer’s rights in credit-related matters
- Deep understanding of the way credit reporting agencies and furnishers operate
- Knowledge of the immense damage caused by identity theft and false credit reporting
- Multiple awards and nominations, including Virginia and D.C. Super Lawyers
Credit reporting companies and furnishers have an unfair advantage over ordinary consumers, but our opponents know we won’t back down. Our willingness to try cases to the end is what sets us apart from other firms that just want to file multiple cases and settle for nominal amounts.
Experienced Virginia & Washington DC Identity Theft & Credit Reporting Law Firm
Legal problems of any kind can become extremely stressful, not just on your financial situation, but in your everyday life. This is especially true if you have debt collectors hounding you for the money you supposedly owe. At Blankingship & Christiano P.C., we understand how to approach these types of situations to help you resolve your issues in an efficient manner. Don’t let credit report problems ruin your life. Take back control of your credit report with the help of Blankingship & Christiano.
Our main practice areas include:
- Habitual credit report problems: If you have had considerable inaccurate information on your credit report, we know how frustrating it can be. It can even seem impossible to get the situation resolved. Fortunately, there are specific laws which protect you from deceptive practices.
- Identity theft: There are many questions that may occur in regards to identity theft. We may be able to offer advice and answer questions about how it occurs, why you should pay attention, tips to protect yourself, identity theft statistics, and how the legal system can protect you.
- Abusive debt collectors: You may think that just because you owe money or because a debt collector believes you owe money, it’s acceptable for them to be abusive. The truth of the matter is that there are many strict rules and laws debt collectors are required to follow. If they are harassing you, we may be able to help.
- Employment background check: If you have been alerted by an employer that your background check provided information that is inaccurate, you may need legal assistance to clear your name. Our consumer protection attorneys are here to fight on your behalf. We may be able to clear untruthful information for you.
- Credit report dispute: If you have a dispute with your credit report and don’t know where to begin, we may be able to assist you. Our skilled legal team knows how to maneuver the laws and regulations that creditors and lenders have to follow. Our legal team is here to assist you!
- How to prevent errors on your credit report: Whether you have experienced inaccurate credit reporting or identity theft, our legal team can provide helpful information to prevent future errors on your credit report. You can take the extra precaution to protect yourself from further disputes.
- Security clearance law: If you have been denied a higher level of security clearance because of information you know to be inaccurate, it may be due to a mistake in your records and credit reports. This false information can ruin your reputation and affect your career. Let us help clear your name.
The victims of identity theft or inaccurate credit reporting need experienced and specialized legal counsel to settle their disputes. Our firm focuses on the following practice areas:
- How identity theft occurs
- Protecting yourself from identity theft
- How to fix your credit after identity theft
- How the legal system can protect you
Credit Report Disputes
- How bad credit affects your life and liberty
- Habitual credit report problems
- How to correct disputed data
- Preventing errors on your credit report
Security Clearance Law
- How credit affects the ability to get a security clearance
- Reasons for security clearance denial
Employment Background Check Errors
- Common background check mistakes
- How potential employers use background checks
- Disputing errors on your employment background check
Our attorneys know all the tactics credit reporting agencies and others will use against you and are dedicated to solving your problem. We offer aggressive legal representation in credit reporting dispute issues and are ready and willing to litigate if necessary.
Contact an Aggressive Virginia & Washington DC Credit Report Dispute Law Firm Today
If your credit reporting dispute is going nowhere and you’re ready to call in reinforcements, contact Blankingship & Christiano P.C. online or call 571-313-0412.