Credit Report Dispute and Identity Theft Law Firm Fights for Consumers
Northern Virginia Lawyers Put Fifty Years of Combined Experience to Work for You
In 2020, consumers filed over 280,000 disputes regarding credit reporting issues, more than double those filed the year before, according to the Consumer Complaint Database. However, filing a dispute does not necessarily mean that the inaccuracies will be corrected – and in most cases, nothing will change.
If your credit report contains one or more of the mistakes commonly made – loans that have been repaid but appear as unpaid, debts falsely reported to be in collection, or incorrect information about another person – you are likely in for a fight to get these inaccuracies corrected.
Due to the complexity of the U.S. credit reporting system, many consumers are at a loss regarding what to do when they find an error and try to fix it themselves. That is why you need the experienced credit report dispute attorneys at Blankingship & Christiano P.C. to fight for you.
What Sets Us Apart
Blankingship & Christiano has more than five decades of combined experience assisting consumers. We represent consumers who have been victimized financially as well as emotionally. We are very particular about the clients/cases we accept, but if you become a cient you can rest assured that we will fight for you to the bitter end.
Some of the things that distinguish us from other credit reporting and identity theft law firms include:
- Experience and success in numerous Fair Credit Reporting Act cases
- Extensive knowledge of consumer’s rights in credit-related matters
- Deep understanding of the way credit reporting agencies and furnishers operate
- Knowledge of the immense damage caused by identity theft and false credit reporting
- Multiple awards and nominations, including Virginia and D.C. Super Lawyers
Credit reporting companies and furnishers have an unfair advantage over ordinary consumers, but our opponents know we won’t back down. Our willingness to try cases to the end is what sets us apart from other firms that just want to file multiple cases and settle for nominal amounts.
The victims of identity theft or inaccurate credit reporting need experienced and specialized legal counsel to settle their disputes. Our firm focuses on the following practice areas:
- How identity theft occurs
- Protecting yourself from identity theft
- How to fix your credit after identity theft
- How the legal system can protect you
- How bad credit affects your life and liberty
- Habitual credit report problems
- How to correct disputed data
- Preventing errors on your credit report
- How credit affects the ability to get a security clearance
- Reasons for security clearance denial
- Common background check mistakes
- How potential employers use background checks
- Disputing errors on your employment background check
Our attorneys know all the tactics credit reporting agencies and others will use against you and are dedicated to solving your problem. We offer aggressive legal representation in credit reporting dispute issues and are ready and willing to litigate if necessary.
Contact an Aggressive Virginia Credit Report Dispute Law Firm Today
If your credit reporting dispute is going nowhere and you’re ready to call in reinforcements, contact Blankingship & Christiano P.C. online or call 571-313-0412.