Habitual Credit Report Problems? Blankingship & Christiano can help!
Our Credit Lawyers Can Help You in Leesburg, Northern Virginia & Washington DC Metro Area with habitual credit report problems
At Blankingship & Christiano, P.C., our credit report lawyers in Leesburg know how difficult it can be to keep your credit rating accurate. We have years of experience helping Northern Virginians fix their credit reports.
The bottom line is the credit companies who can fix your problems have little or no desire to help you — inspite of their legal obligations. Only skilled credit lawyers in Northern Virginia can help ensure that your problems are corrected properly and in a timely manner. That’s why you need Blankingship & Christiano. Contact us today at (571) 313-0412!
- Furnishers are any creditor, insurer, bank, credit union, landlord, or other person who provides information regarding you to a credit reporting agency. Furnishers come in many different types and provide information regarding financial, employment, criminal, medical, and insurance history.
- Credit Reporting Agencies are generally defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) as an entity that “regularly engages in the practice of assembling or evaluating consumer credit information or other information on consumers for the purpose of furnishing consumer reports to third parties.” Consumer credit information can include financial history, employment history, check-writing history, insurance claims, and medical history. The largest three are Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion.
Blankingship & Christiano, P.C. has credit report attorneys in Fairfax, VA that know the intricacies of consumer protection laws and how to end the madness of habitual credit report and credit report problems such as false credit reports..
The Law Really Is On Your Side and So Are We!
With the help from our credit report attorneys at Blankingship & Christiano P.C., there are federal, state, and local laws that protect you from harassment and deceptive lending practices in various consumer transactions. These laws include—
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA): governs the collection, dissemination, and use of consumer information including consumer credit information
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA): requires clear disclosure of key terms in lending arrangements and disclosure of all costs
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA): establishes rules to prevent abusive debt collector practices
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA): makes it illegal for any creditor to discriminate against any application regarding a credit transaction on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, or age
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA): prohibits kickbacks between lenders and third-party agents that would disadvantage consumers
- Virginia Consumer Protection Act (VCPA): protects consumers from fraudulent acts or practices committed by sellers or lessors in the course of specified business transactions
Fixing Your Credit Score in Leesburg, Northern VA, DC Metro & Pennsylvania
If you checked your credit score with the reporting agencies (your legal right and a free service they must provide) and found an error or credit report problem, you know the challenges. Our credit report attorneys can address such issues as—
- Mixed/merged credit files: Information about one consumer is placed on the credit file of another consumer. These problems can flow from the actual bad credit of your identity thief appearing on your credit, or information from a relative or person with similar name or other identifying information appearing in your credit file.
- Credit reporting agencies’ stubbornness and refusal to fix problems: Often information that you provide to prove your innocence is disregarded, ignored, or not provided in complete detail to furnishers as part of the dispute process.
- Furnisher laziness in using resources to investigate disputes: In general, furnishers expend little money, training, or staff resources on programs designed to meaningfully investigate disputed accounts. The responses are almost always done electronically and furnisher investigations can take as little as 60 seconds.
The Fairfax credit lawyers of Blankingship & Christiano, P.C. will file suit against credit reporting agencies and furnishers to enforce the types of violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act so you can get on with your life. Our credit report attorneys will resolve any false credit reports or other credit report problems.
If you have noticed credit report errors and have already tried to resolve them, then you probably understand how frustrating it can be to deal with credit reporting agencies. One of the reasons why so many people turn to a credit report lawyer for help is that credit reporting agencies may disregard the correct information. The credit reporting agency may also fail to provide all the information necessary to furnishers to resolve the dispute. A credit report attorney near Leesburg can provide the solutions you need to fix your credit history and restore your financial health.
A credit report lawyer can explain your legal rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act and recommend a course of action that is suitable to your particular situation. In some cases, the fact that individuals are being represented by an attorney provides sufficient leverage to fix habitual credit report errors. If necessary, a credit report lawyer can also file a complaint against the furnisher or credit reporting agency to prompt the enforcement of consumer rights.
Protecting Consumers from Financial Harm
Contact a Blankingship & Christiano, P.C. consumer credit lawyers in Fairfax today at (571) 313-0412 or online to discuss your consumer protection legal concerns. Our law firm serves clients in—
- Counties & metro areas
- Washington, D.C. Metro Area
- Northern Virginia
- Fairfax County
- Loudoun County
- Prince William County
- Reston, VA
Why Choose Us
- Seasoned Litigators with Proven Success in Multiple Fair Credit Reporting Act Cases
- Skilled in Identifying Qualified Cases
- Highly Knowledgeable of Consumer's Rights in Matters Related to Inaccurate Credit Reporting
- Extensive Understanding of the Financial Harm Caused by Credit Reporting Errors and Identity Theft
- In-Depth Knowledge of the Credit Reporting Agencies and Furnishers Operations