Northern VA Debt Collection Attorney: Fairfax, Reston & More
Fair Debt Collection Lawyers in Nothern Virginia
Blankingship & Christiano, P.C. aggressively pursues abusive debt collectors who harass and bully consumers into paying debt that is not actually their debt or to pay “zombie” debt that cannot otherwise be collected.
The laws are very clear about what is an appropriate relationship between a debtor and someone seeking to collect past due financial obligations. You have rights and they need to be respected and enforced when necessary.
Fair Debt Collection is the law!
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) is a federal law designed to establish the rules under which debt collectors may operate when contacting individuals who owe them money. The purpose is to stop abusive practices that many debt collectors have used over the years.
The FDCPA sets out and establishes:
- How a debt collector may contact you
- When a debt collector may contact you
- How often a debt collector may contact you
- Where a debt collector can contact you
- Who a debt collector may contact about you and why
- What a debt collector can say to you
- That a debt collector cannot call you if you are represented by an attorney
- When a debt collector can and cannot report information on your credit file
Legal representation can stop abusive tactics, level the playing field, and compensate you for the distress caused by harassing and improper telephone calls.
Let one of our skilled Fairfax debt collection lawyers assure that abusive debt collector practices are stopped. You are entitled to get your financial situation in order without the fear of harassment. We hold debt collectors responsible for violating the law.
Protecting Northern Virginia consumers from financial harm
Contact the Northern Virginia debt collection lawyers at Blankingship & Christiano, P.C. today at (571) 313-0412, or online, to discuss your consumer protection legal concerns. Our law firm serves clients in all the major Northern VA areas.
Why Choose Us
- Seasoned Litigators with Proven Success in Multiple Fair Credit Reporting Act Cases
- Skilled in Identifying Qualified Cases
- Highly Knowledgeable of Consumer's Rights in Matters Related to Inaccurate Credit Reporting
- Extensive Understanding of the Financial Harm Caused by Credit Reporting Errors and Identity Theft
- In-Depth Knowledge of the Credit Reporting Agencies and Furnishers Operations